20 March 2020
Dear Parishioners of the Church of the Resurrection,
The President of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa, announced on Sunday 15 March 2020 that gatherings of more than 100 people are not allowed in order to curb the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. We appreciate that this order has a direct bearing on church celebrations. As such, Archbishop Buti Tlhagale has dispensed all Catholics in the Archdiocese of Johannesburg from attending mass during the entire period of the National Disaster.
The following weekend masses are suspended:
- Saturday 6:00pm
- Sunday 7:30am, 10:00am, 3:00pm and 5:00pm
For our Parish, weekday masses of not more than 100 will continue. This arrangement will remain in place for the duration of the State of Disaster. We will monitor the attendance.
The weekday Masses are:
Confessions will be held at the usual times.
All small meetings may continue as long as there are less than 50 people present.
- We encourage all parishioners to download the Parish App onto their smartphones.
- On our Parish App, we will have a special Liturgy of the Word for each Sunday which you can do at home together as a family during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Then you are invited to come to church to receive Holy Communion and then to return home.
- The church will be open from 7:30 – 11:30 am on Sunday morning for you to receive Holy Communion.
- Please keep apart from each other if there are others in the church at that time.
- Please do not stay too long to prevent a group of more than 100 forming.
When you enter the church:
- Sanitize your hands and don’t touch anything.
- Say a prayer for the immediate reception of Holy Communion.
- Then approach the priest.
- After receiving go to the other side of the church say a prayer of thanksgiving and exit.
How to Install the Parish App on your smartphone:
- Go to Google Play (you may need to log in to your Google account) and download the “WP Church” app. ( Search for ‘WP Church’ – it has the logo seen to the right).
- Install the app ‘WP Church’
- Then open the app.
- Then under ‘Choose Church’, type in Bryanston Catholic Church.
- Then choose “Bryanston Catholic Church when it appears.
- You have our parish app!
- For the Apple App store, download the ‘Our Church’ app (with the above logo) and follow the same procedure.
Please stay connected:
- Follow our Facebook page on facebook.com/bryanstoncatholicchurch
- Stay connected to our website on bryanstoncatholic.co.za
- Please update your details or register online on our website.
- We hope to soon livestream Mass from our parish.
Archbishop Tlhagale reminds us that Catholics are all citizens of South Africa. The government has made a call on all South Africans to become involved in the gallant effort to curb the spread of the Corona virus and to save lives. “Lord when did we see you hungry or thirsty and did not minister to you?” (Mt.25:44)
God bless, stay healthy and let us work for the common good.
Fr Keith Gordon-Davis
Church of the Resurrection
Fr Tshepo Duik
Church of the Resurrection
Mrs Janine Mosetlhi
Chairperson Parish Pastoral Council